• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Devs, do Orders corresond to Elements, Compass Points or Tarot Suits

#1 BlkSabbath74
I haven't seen anything to lead me to believe this to be the case, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

If you so desired, tough, it wouldn't be much of a stretch...

Order of Enthrallment – Fire, Suit of Wands, Southern Watchtower
Highmoon Brotherhood – Air, Suit of Swords, Eastern Watchtower
Brotherhood of Wizardry – Earth, Suit of Pentacles, Northern Watchtower
Order of the Guiled – Water, Suit of Cups, Western Watchtower
I skewered him where he sat and saw the startled expression on his face as the wound began to flame.

"Oh, basely done!" he cried. "I had hoped for better of thee!"

"This isn't exactly the Olympic Games," I said, brushing some sparks from my cloak.

- The Courts of Chaos, Roger Zelazny
#2 BlkSabbath74
Actually, I'd like to make a case for this...I think this could add a lot of depth to each Order...I'll present it one Order at a time...
I skewered him where he sat and saw the startled expression on his face as the wound began to flame.

"This isn't exactly the Olympic Games," I said, brushing some sparks from my cloak.

#3 Brabbelback
(04-05-2017, 09:03 PM)BlkSabbath74 Wrote: Brotherhood of Wizardry
Order of the Guiled
I believe those are called "Fellowship of Wizardry" & "Circle of the Guiled"
Correct me if i am wrong tho...
I like the idea of the watchtowers! I don't like the idea with the elements so much because all wizards are the same type of wizard, just with different desires!
 [Image: wizkqv2piemqgk89ditp.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
#4 BlkSabbath74
(05-01-2017, 09:34 PM)Brabbelback Wrote:
(04-05-2017, 09:03 PM)BlkSabbath74 Wrote: Brotherhood of Wizardry
Order of the Guiled
I believe those are called "Fellowship of Wizardry" & "Circle of the Guiled"
Correct me if i am wrong tho...
I like the idea of the watchtowers! I don't like the idea with the elements so much because all wizards are the same type of wizard, just with different desires!
 [Image: wizkqv2piemqgk89ditp.jpg]

You are correct, or course.

I was not talking about elements to limit their spell-casting, but more to define their personality. Having said that, the Developers stated at one time that each Order would have spells to which only their members would have access.

But what I mean is more like this;

Order of Enthrallment – Fire, The Sun, Raw Energy, Courage, Strength, Military Might
In my mind, I see the Order of Enthrallment being the paladins and battle wizards, focusing their magic to make them stronger, more durable, and to wield it against their enemies in its most purely destructive form.

Highmoon Brotherhood – Air, Wind, The Moon, Night, Stealth, Secrecy, Speed
I envision the Highmoon Brotherhood as thieves, spies and assassins, using their magic to hide, move unseen and make surgical strikes from concealment or take what they want without ever being detected.

Fellowship of Wizardry – Earth, Nature, Mountains, Knowledge, Tradition, Endurance
I see them as druids and nature mages, attuned to the earth, plants and animals, preserving the old ways and as scholars and keepers of lore, protecting vast underground libraries of magic.

Circle of the Guiled – Water, Change, Innovation, Trickery, Emotion, Intrigue, Charisma
My conception of them are Visionaries, Innovators, Artists, Politicians or Con Artists, using trickery, persuasion and social manipulation to achieve their goals, embracing change and technology.

This is just how I perceive them, not necessarily how the Developers want them to be perceived.

#5 DurkheimianSociology
The Elements and Watchtowers are used in Magick, by Pagans for example.
The Wands, Swords, Pentacles and Cups represent the elements in Tarot decks.

No, I don't practice this. I am just a religion nerd ^^

(04-05-2017, 09:03 PM)BlkSabbath74 Wrote: I haven't seen anything to lead me to believe this to be the case, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

If you so desired, tough, it wouldn't be much of a stretch...

Order of Enthrallment – Fire, Suit of Wands, Southern Watchtower
Highmoon Brotherhood – Air, Suit of Swords, Eastern Watchtower
Brotherhood of Wizardry – Earth, Suit of Pentacles, Northern Watchtower
Order of the Guiled – Water, Suit of Cups, Western Watchtower

Sources for Tarot and Watchtowers:

http://www.sacredwicca.com/watchtowers
http://psychiclibrary.com/beyondBooks/me...rot-suits/
Science gave us Maguss, which in turn gave us Magic.

Praise Maguss!