• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LGBT and the Maguss community

#1 DurkheimianSociology
A friend of mine wants to play Maguss, but she is shy about meeting players in person. She is part of the LGBT community and unsure about meeting players who might discriminate against her. She has got two questions about the community:

1. what is the general view on LGBT-people in the Maguss community?
  2. what is the official view from Maguss on LGBT-people in the Maguss community?
Thank you for reading and (hopefully Tongue) answering her questions ^^
Science gave us Maguss, which in turn gave us Magic.

Praise Maguss!
#2 Bisturilucente
I think your friend shouldn't have asked the question at all. The chances to REALLY know eachother are very low, i might be a killer or a prick or gay or jewish or whatever and you might never know.
And why should i tell you? When i meet new people i don't say "hello i'm XXX and my sexual gender is YYY and my orientation is ZZZ". I just stop at telling my name Big Grin

Anyway, let's pretend anyone knows eachothers' genders/orientations, Maguss is not at all related to those, so, as long as they are practiced with people aware of what they are doing (for example, if you "like" kids i'm going to call the police), i'm fine.
Who am I to judge the way you love?
#3 DurkheimianSociology
Thanks. She would like to hear that ^^.

If @Maguss would like to add something, please do so Smile

Praise Maguss!
#4 BlkSabbath74
(05-07-2017, 06:22 PM)DurkheimianSociology Wrote: Thanks. She would like to hear that ^^.

I've got to agree with Bisturilucente, this is really a question that shouldn't be asked in this situation, for 2 reasons...

1) Apart from meeting other players in public, there is no way in which this pertains to the game. It also really isn't fair to ask the developers to speak for the players, and as for the community, I'm sure it is a diverse group with as many answers as members.

2) This is such a hot-button issue, that if the developers gave a definitive answer, they could potentially lose half their fan base on either side. It's not fair to put them in such a position when their game has absolutely 0% to do with human sexuality.

As with pretty much anything in life, if your friend (I have a close TG friend) gets in with the right group of players, they will have no problems.
I skewered him where he sat and saw the startled expression on his face as the wound began to flame.

"Oh, basely done!" he cried. "I had hoped for better of thee!"

"This isn't exactly the Olympic Games," I said, brushing some sparks from my cloak.

- The Courts of Chaos, Roger Zelazny
#5 DurkheimianSociology
(05-09-2017, 02:11 PM)BlkSabbath74 Wrote:
(05-07-2017, 06:22 PM)DurkheimianSociology Wrote: Thanks. She would like to hear that ^^.

I've got to agree with Bisturilucente, this is really a question that shouldn't be asked in this situation, for 2 reasons...

1) Apart from meeting other players in public, there is no way in which this pertains to the game. It also really isn't fair to ask the developers to speak for the players, and as for the community, I'm sure it is a diverse group with as many answers as members.

2) This is such a hot-button issue, that if the developers gave a definitive answer, they could potentially lose half their fan base on either side. It's not fair to put them in such a position when their game has absolutely 0% to do with human sexuality.

As with pretty much anything in life, if your friend (I have a close TG friend) gets in with the right group of players, they will have no problems.

Your point about the devs is a good one. I, and neither would she, do not want to endanger the fan base of the game. Thank you for both for your replies Smile

@Maguss, don't reply if you don't feel like it ^^

Praise Maguss!
#6 Memnoich
Unfortunately no one can really talk for the community, as it is rather diverse. As for myself, I can say you are what you are, and that doesn't affect me, but I have to agree with the others, its not really something that would normally come up if you happen to run into another player, unless you are VERY open about it. Now when events start happening and more people are getting together for groups and meet-ups and such, there's a chance, small chance, that it might come up eventually, but by the time it gets to that point, I'm sure there will be plenty of groups and factions within the game.

Unfortunately, no matter what you do, there will always be someone against it, so all I can tell you to tell your friend, is just like with anything, be careful and be safe, if the situation feels uncomfortable, get out of it.
[Image: splitter.png]
[Image: GCZeJrZ.png]
#7 Protheo
I would assume harassment (of any kind) would be dealt with by the devs.
#8 Memnoich
If there was in game Chat, and that Harassment showed up in game, more than likely they would. outside of the game, any kind of harassment, not just about sexuality should be taken to the local authorities. Outside of the game, the Devs haven't a leg to stand on, and doing any repercussions for something that happened outside of the game or Sponsored event could lead to legal backlash to the Devs.

Again, the Devs are responsible for what happens within the game, and that's it, anything out side, and that even means someone calling you a nasty name while you play at the park, isn't something under their control. You're best bet is to be careful and safe, play with friends, and only go to places you know are safe. Asking the Devs to police players, especially when they have no actual interaction in game, is not really fair to the Devs.
[Image: splitter.png]
[Image: GCZeJrZ.png]