• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

OFFICIAL - Battle system re-implementation + implementation timeline

#1 zatokar
Hello Guys, 
after some time I am back again with another roadmap for future. We haven't followed this one due to reasons that I am not going to explain here, but we owe you a new one that is more likely to be followed. 

First of all as you could see we have reworked most of game elements and more importantly we have added equipment, about 40 new spells and spell deck, and player combat stats. All this adds variety to the combat, possibility to specialize a little, come up with new tactics etc. 

In the nearest update you will see these things changed/improved:
1. Brewing - added tonic, new recipes for new potions, revised prices
2. Account management - in case you've forgotten your password, possibility to login with email address, email activation 
3. Daily login reward with possibility to draw a card and get a surprise in a form of magic dust, magic bean, potion
4. Daily challenges/quests - mini quests for every day. Defeat 3 monsters, collect 20 ingredients etc.
5. Player progression improved and enhanced overall experience

For future we plan on adding/improving:
1. Herblore or as it's currently named: Herbology - collecting ingredients
2. Exploration - magic chests on map including a small minigame, maybe we will add wards that you can put wherever on map and act like you are there even if you are home
3. League system - leader-boards, reworked matchmaking
4. Later we plan on reworking entire UI, Aleksey had prepared some really amazing new UI! We can't wait to present it to you
5. Dungeons system similar to what was presented but a little different

This is the plan for the next few months. Hope you are as excited as we are and you can see the positive progress every day!

Thank you for staying with us! You're an amazing community Smile

Good evening guys, we have just decided to entirely re-implement the battle system. The reasons are following:
1. It's not done right.
2. You report many bugs related to it.
3. Your feedback gave us more ideas on how make it better.
4. We can now prepare a foundation for the party system.

It will set us back couple of days but it is definitely worth it!

It's a shame that we can't jump right into content expansion, but we have to fix all the bugs first. I wanted to give you some insights into what we plan to be doing on following weeks/months. One major decision we made is that we will cut down amount of features we have been planning to implement and we will focus on making what we have right now more fun. Plan is following:

1. Rebuild battle system.
2. Fix other obvious bugs that prevent you from fully enjoying those game features we have already implemented. 
3. Finish implementation of skill perks and ways to earn skill XP.
4. Add more spells, creatures, ingredients, potions. (not all that we have prepared yet)
5. Sort everything into tiers, making it possible for you to progress by leveling up skills. E.g. you will be able to make potion from tier III only if your Alchemy skill is at level 15.
6. Slightly expand exploration by adding magic chests holding a surprise. 
7. Add couple of basic quests. (later we will add quests with a story)
8. Improve UI, add SFX and VFX unique for each spell.
9. Implement IAP to keep the Maguss alive!
10. Monitor, analyze, brainstorm, balance, tweak. 
11. Start implementing dungeons, creatures taming, summoning spells, party system and party spells.
12. Further expansion such as party activities, maybe something like a fortress or castle siege.

We can't say for sure but our estimation is that we should have first 5 points done in about 4-6 weeks. 
6,7,8 will take another 3-5 weeks and at that point we should have a solid game. 
9,10 will be great as we will monitor you guys how you perform and how you like the game and see what you need or what you find challenging/boring etc. This may take about 2 weeks and afterwards we may need few weeks to fix and change some features.
11 and 12 are going to be quite large chunks of work but at that time you will be enjoying the game and happily waiting for new features. 

EDIT: Forgot to mention, that in few weeks we will introduce a Maguss story to you based on which Quests and other things will be built.

EDIT 2: Some time at point #6 we will be adding much more than that. Elements that will bring fun and purpose to the game. Among which are:
1. Magic chests
2. Daily login reward
3. Hi-scores/leaderboards
4. Order points
5. Accuracy meter
6. Possibility to enchant spells
7. Minigame (bounty system)
and few more.
This will obviously push everything back, but it will also make game much more fun. Once it's implemented, it will be great to hear your feedback. Looking forward to that!

I hope this post gave you necessary insights into what is going to happen in next few months Smile
Maguss Founder
#2 Oyjord
Excellent post full of great news! I eagerly await testing what you guys have in store. Thanks for the fun.
#3 Manaricelle
Super excited for the rebuild! Looking forward to the future!
[Image: pkQYYHo.gif]
#4 jhamm
This looks great, it's nice to see your plan for the future and I can't wait to see all the stuff that's gonna be made in the future. Every update the game gets makes me happy. Smile
jhamm
Moderator and member of the circle of the guilded
#5 Naliia Feno
Great news! +10
#6 Lilithian
Excited for the story! Keep up the great work, it is appreciated Smile

Maybe we could get a little insight how will the battle system look like after rework? Cant wait Big Grin

Void shadow assassin of Highmoon brotherhood

Achieved lvl 50 in Alpha 2.0 on 27.1.2017

Device info:
Archos 55 diamond Selfie
Android 6.0.1

Maguss - CZ FAN facebook community admin. PM me for invite Smile

#7 zatokar
(12-10-2016, 06:29 PM)Lilithian Wrote: Excited for the story! Keep up the great work, it is appreciated Smile

Maybe we could get a little insight how will the battle system look like after rework? Cant wait Big Grin

We are not yet planning on making the battle system different from the point of view that you as a player can see. So far it's only code rebuild. However that let's us get party system in place when time comes.
Maguss Founder
#8 Cory Wiley
Any expected submission date for any new updates to test flight?
#9 Lilithian
(12-10-2016, 08:40 PM)zatokar Wrote:
(12-10-2016, 06:29 PM)Lilithian Wrote: Excited for the story! Keep up the great work, it is appreciated Smile

We are not yet planning on making the battle system different from the point of view that you as a player can see. So far it's only code rebuild. However that let's us get party system in place when time comes.

Thanks! Was a bit unsure about what to expect Smile

Void shadow assassin of Highmoon brotherhood

Achieved lvl 50 in Alpha 2.0 on 27.1.2017

Device info:
Archos 55 diamond Selfie
Android 6.0.1

Maguss - CZ FAN facebook community admin. PM me for invite Smile

#10 dhyde79
my main concern is that if stuff like dungeons were in the main advertised stuff, I wouldn't drop out of beta until they're in place...that's sort of what killed PoGo's following....the other day they dropped 7 new "hatchling" critters, and as far as the players I know....nobody even cares...mostly because it felt like an attempt to exploit players into IAP's (buy more incubators!) rather than the promised "we're bringing more content".

I greatly appreciate the insight and the roadmap of what to expect...