• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

BETA thread deleted, replaced with ALPHA 2.0 - Closed Beta Launch ETA

#1 Lilithian
Hi Maguss staff,

me and I believe others are looking forward to closed beta launch, which is scheduled on today - 20.12.

What confuses me is lack of official information and ETA about the launch.

Also, the subtle removal of BETA thread in Early testing section of forum seems rather strange.

Would you please explain in more detail what is going on? We won't be angry at you in any case, you know us Smile

Void shadow assassin of Highmoon brotherhood

Achieved lvl 50 in Alpha 2.0 on 27.1.2017

Device info:
Archos 55 diamond Selfie
Android 6.0.1

Maguss - CZ FAN facebook community admin. PM me for invite Smile

#2 Maguss
Hello, you might wonder why Alpha 2.0. Well, the game is still a work in progress. After the release of the first version, we thought that by now we would have added significantly more content and improved player progression. However, we found out that the battle system didn’t work correctly. Therefore, we decided to rebuild the code. It allowed us to prepare everything for the implementation of a party system and we got rid of many battle related bugs. Unfortunately, it also pushed us back by 2 weeks. Nevertheless, we believe it was all worth it as we have improved the game. For more information about our future plans follow the link http://forum.maguss.org/thread-334.html
As previously, we won't post the exact release time as we are not sure yet. However the game will be released today.
You have a lot to be excited about, stay tuned!
#3 Lilithian
(12-20-2016, 08:53 AM)Maguss Wrote: Hello, you might wonder why Alpha 2.0. Well, the game is still a work in progress. After the release of the first version, we thought that by now we would have added significantly more content and improved player progression. However, we found out that the battle system didn’t work correctly. Therefore, we decided to rebuild the code. It allowed us to prepare everything for the implementation of a party system and we got rid of many battle related bugs. Unfortunately, it also pushed us back by 2 weeks. Nevertheless, we believe it was all worth it as we have improved the game. For more information about our future plans follow the link http://forum.maguss.org/thread-334.html
As previously, we won't post the exact release time as we are not sure yet. However the game will be released today.
You have a lot to be excited about, stay tuned!

Thank you for your fast response.

I was just confused about BETA being renamed to ALPHA 2.0 without proper explanation beforehand. The deletion of whole BETA testing section of forum startled me as it looked like BETA is being pushed back again - which would be perfectly fine if explained why is that happening Smile

I understand that the amount of user input to game development is huge and we are very thankful for that. No need to be ashamed of pushing back releases - it is for our own good and we know it.

Looking forward for new build of the game!

Device info:
Archos 55 diamond Selfie
Android 6.0.1

#4 Maguss
It is all explained in the email, just be patient Wink
#5 Lilithian
(12-20-2016, 09:17 AM)Maguss Wrote: It is all explained in the email, just be patient Wink

Oh, so emails were/are going to be sent out!

Thats the source of my confusion then - Im getting my BETA as a gift from my gf therefore I don't have access to her email.

Cheers! Big Grin

Device info:
Archos 55 diamond Selfie
Android 6.0.1

#6 xaphan
Hi. I have backed up for the closed beta + the wand. With This change of plan, does it mean alpha 2.0 is considered as the closed beta and I will be able to play the game the 20th December, or is it still reserved for the alpha tester and I will have to wait longuer ? Thanks for clerifying this Smile
#7 Maguss
(12-20-2016, 09:35 AM)xaphan Wrote: Hi. I have backed up for the closed beta + the wand. With This change of plan, does it mean alpha 2.0 is considered as the closed beta and I will be able to play the game the 20th December, or is it still reserved for the alpha tester and I will have to wait longuer ? Thanks for clerifying this Smile

Exactly, a slight change of plans. You will receive an email today, don't worry Smile
#8 ShadowSmoke
ah that sounds good. i got the beta pack too Wink aaand i have Holidays Big Grin cant wait to be a great maguss =) will there be a reset for my beta acc in the future? or is all what i got now in the final Version too?
#9 Maguss
(12-20-2016, 11:21 AM)ShadowSmoke Wrote: ah that sounds good. i got the beta pack too Wink aaand i have Holidays Big Grin cant wait to be a great maguss  =) will there be a reset for my beta acc in the future? or is all what i got now in the final Version too?

There will be several wipe-outs.
#10 Lilithian
(12-20-2016, 11:21 AM)ShadowSmoke Wrote: ah that sounds good. i got the beta pack too Wink aaand i have Holidays Big Grin cant wait to be a great maguss =) will there be a reset for my beta acc in the future? or is all what i got now in the final Version too?

It's common that closed beta testing stage of a product has wipes. Once open beta deploys, the progress will be permanent Smile

Device info:
Archos 55 diamond Selfie
Android 6.0.1