• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Faction Choices (known to be called Orders now)

#1 Memnoich
Will faction choices affect gameplay i.e. Circle of the Guilded get more drops from monsters, Highmoon brotherhood get a bonus to their mana, Order of enthrallment get a bonus to their attack, Fellowship of wizardry get a bonus to their defense, etc...?
When can you choose a faction, right from the get go, or at a specific level, after you have figured out your playstyle?
Will you allow for Faction changes?
How will the interaction between factions be played out? with there be something to encourage faction play, or will it be more based around team play, with Dueling being the only PvP?
will there be the ability to create Guilds and/or questing groups/teams within the factions or separate from the factions?
How do you plan to build the community in each area, through the factions, group play or just let it evolve on it's own?
[Image: splitter.png]
[Image: GCZeJrZ.png]
#2 QuantumSnow
@zatokar says here, the guilds will affect gameplay with boosts, buffs and charms. Can't say anything about the other questions though Undecided.
May the force be equal to mass times acceleration.
#3 Memnoich
right, but it sounds more like the ability of a guild to earn certain buffs, or get bonus's from higher level players:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=3]
I was more curious if joining a guild adjusted your stats in some way.
#4 QuantumSnow
(10-12-2016, 08:23 PM)Preston Sheldon Wrote: right, but it sounds more like the ability of a guild to earn certain buffs, or get bonus's from higher level players:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=3]
I was more curious if joining a guild adjusted your stats in some way.

I'm not sure about that, because the Guilds in Maguss aren't like conventional guilds in other MMORPGs that you can create yourself, but those four predefined ones (inspired by the Hogwarts houses, I guess Wink). So to me, it wouldn't make much sense to get advantages from other higher level players, just because they are in the same Guild as you, since it is not like a group of friends who want to play together but more like a group of people with the same attitude. But maybe I'm wrong there. I don't have much experience with MMORPGs. What do you think on that?
#5 Memnoich
it depends on the mmorpg. In some, the higher level players bring prestige to the guild through actions they have done, capture a keep, gain an artifact, defeat a high level boss, when that happens the guild is blessed with perks, bonus xp, defense against certain damage, increase in item drops, etc. In others, when you join a faction, which is a fixed, mom-player created group, you are give certain states bonuses, higher hp, more manageable, affinity to fire magic.
These 4 houses are more like a faction, and depending on how the mechanics role out there maybe offline player made guilds that come about. it's already been mentioned they plan on adding party capabilities, but that's later down the line.
The screens hot from the documents make it sound like free players won't get the guild buffs that are earn by players in the guild completing certain quests, or controlling certain areas and/or items.
#6 QuantumSnow
(10-13-2016, 12:23 PM)Memnoich Wrote: it depends on the mmorpg. In some, the higher level players bring prestige to the guild through actions they have done, capture a keep, gain an artifact, defeat a high level boss, when that happens the guild is blessed with perks, bonus xp, defense against certain damage, increase in item drops, etc. In others, when you join a faction, which is a fixed, mom-player created group, you are give certain states bonuses, higher hp, more manageable, affinity to fire magic.
These 4 houses are more like a faction, and depending on how the mechanics role out there maybe offline player made guilds that come about. it's already been mentioned they plan on adding party capabilities, but that's later down the line.
The screens hot from the documents make it sound like free players won't get the guild buffs that are earn by players in the guild completing certain quests, or controlling certain areas and/or items.

Ok, then I don't know either. But thanks for explaining it Smile.
#7 zatokar
Hadn't had a chance to read all messages. But yes there will be some minor advancements for each order by default, the rest depends on players themselves to invest guild points in to gain extra bonuses. Similar to what you have mentioned Memnoich (in first message).
Maguss Founder
#8 dhyde79
as a side thought, might want to revise the wording, maybe advertise it as VIP accounts get discounts and whatnot as perks, as opposed to free accounts having them as "penalties"...it tends to sound better from the consumer perspective...I'm far more enticed to buy into something when my membership gets me a perk rather than just unlocking the normal stuff that the free guys get penalized over....make sense?
#9 Memnoich
good point
#10 Memnoich
passing along some extra info from a conversation:
Zatokar Wrote:About the story, it's the third option. Orders have different approach to magic, different ideologies about the right way of using it, but are kind of forced to stand together against greater evil and want to bring balance to the world that was broken during middle ages when almost all wizards were slaughtered.

so basically, the orders are in conflict with each other as they feel they are the correct path for both training and magic use, but they have been United to face a common enemy that is hunting them all. They will continue to further their own goals, quietly conflict with each other, and secretly undermine the other orders to come out on top. They can't see that they are really in this together, so will work together,when they need to.