• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Maguss Street Team

#141 Darkfae
Something to keep in mind about a lot of well-known streamers - whether on YouTube or Twitch: they're doing this as their primary source of income, they're at the top of the game, and they're generally getting a fair amount of money from their sponsorships, whether they be long term or just one-shot show sponsorships. Even the ones who have really good mentalities still are going to ask for a decent chunk of change to feature the game on their shows. The only way a broadcaster is going to show off the game for free is if they like it and can get into it themselves...which means they'll have to be able to play it first; unless they're a hardcore Potterhead or a hardcore ARG (or mobile game, but mainly ARG) enthusiast, they're not likely to dish out the money to invest in the game right now - it could happen, but it's pretty unlikely.

With that being said, YouTube and Twitch aren't out of the question - it's all a matter of finding broadcasters with smaller streams who either are hardcore ARG enthusiasts (or really hardcore mobile games enthusiasts) that might support the campaign before it closes, or are already invested in the game and helping them expand their viewership.

Each broadcaster will also need to talk to the developers and get permission to stream anything before Open Beta/Live. That is a thing too. NDAs and all that.

Once we do have broadcasters showing Maguss, or even talking about it, we need to start having them cross-promote each other. The Final Fantasy XIV community does that a lot by hosting one another, and it generates a lot of good press for the game and broadcasters, which helps everyone involved. It's not that hard to do, especially with the newer auto-host feature, but there's other fun things like "raiding" each other's streams to get each others' viewers familiar with who is broadcasting about the game.

Anyway, there's a lot to getting broadcasters involved without spending an arm and a leg, especially when stuff is still in closed testing.

I personally am hosting a segment on my stream for Maguss once it launches Closed Beta called Maguss Mondays, though I have had a setback in my stream as of last week that I hope won't damage things too much - we got rear ended on Nov 8th after going to vote, and I got a concussion...and technically should be resting for two weeks (I'm up drinking water to stay hydrated at the moment though!), so no streaming till at least next week.

Any broadcaster remotely interested in Maguss likely is starting to put things up on their profiles, so we could likely start searching for them now, and keep searching over the next few weeks to add more to our broadcaster pool. Going after the huge broadcasters probably will have the same results @Lilithian got unless we really luck out, so I'd say let's cast about in the more intimate end of the pool.
[Image: xVF1Vky.png]
#142 BlkSabbath74
(10-14-2016, 08:32 PM)Memnoich Wrote: I think that would be a great idea! I'm sure that the others would like it as well, What say you all?
(sorry, channeling Galactica right there)

So say we all!

I get to be Saul Tigh...

Reposting from what will now probably be a dead post, now that I know this is here...

I'll go ahead and throw out this challenge to all members:

As you go about town, pick up 100 various business cards from random businesses. On the back of the cards, in your most attractive script, write;

Experience Magic
http://maguss.org/

Then head to the book store and place the cards inside appropriate books (for example, Harry Potter novels) as a complementary bookmark. Chances are, the buyer will use the card as a bookmark, maximizing exposure. The random card, matched with the mysterious message will be much more likely to get a response than an actual advertisement. You aren't stealing the person's card, either, as you're basically giving them free cross-promotion. For the person who buys the book, instead of hitting them over the head with an ad, you create a mystery for them to explore on their own, that will lead them here.
I skewered him where he sat and saw the startled expression on his face as the wound began to flame.

"Oh, basely done!" he cried. "I had hoped for better of thee!"

"This isn't exactly the Olympic Games," I said, brushing some sparks from my cloak.

- The Courts of Chaos, Roger Zelazny
#143 BlkSabbath74
If anyone in interested, I am looking for help on a long-term project that can be done at any pace.

I am going to find related forums and facebook pages and post, basically asking a leading question that would set up another person to come in and answer it and point them (and anyone reading) towards Maguss.

For example, on a Mage site, I might title it "Any Mobile Apps for Mage" and then ask if there are any apps that connect users and let them play a LARP through mobile devices. A few days later, someone could post about Maguss.

On a Harry Potter site, I might title it "Bluetooth Wand?" and ask if anyone knows of anyone developing a game that would utilize a Bluetooth wand. (I wouldn't want to quagmire it by asking about a Harry Potter Mobile game).

In general, this type of a post piques the persons natural curiosity, especially since someone else is asking the question, as opposed to being bombarded with direct advertising.

The more of these we set up, the more people get funneled back here.

If anyone in interested, I am looking for help on a long-term project that can be done at any pace.

I am going to find related forums and facebook pages and post, basically asking a leading question that would set up another person to come in and answer it and point them (and anyone reading) towards Maguss.

For example, on a Mage site, I might title it "Any Mobile Apps for Mage" and then ask if there are any apps that connect users and let them play a LARP through mobile devices. A few days later, someone could post about Maguss.

On a Harry Potter site, I might title it "Bluetooth Wand?" and ask if anyone knows of anyone developing a game that would utilize a Bluetooth wand. (I wouldn't want to quagmire it by asking about a Harry Potter Mobile game).

In general, this type of a post piques the persons natural curiosity, especially since someone else is asking the question, as opposed to being bombarded with direct advertising.

I skewered him where he sat and saw the startled expression on his face as the wound began to flame.

"This isn't exactly the Olympic Games," I said, brushing some sparks from my cloak.

#144 Tereza Kulovaná
(03-20-2017, 03:17 PM)BlkSabbath74 Wrote: ...
[quote pid='18124' dateline='1490023063']
ed back here.If anyone in interested, I am looking for help on a long-term project that can be done at any pace.

[/quote]

Contact any group you now, it helps. There are still new backers coming who heard about Maguss for the first time. In the begining there was trendin 9gag post.
#145 BlkSabbath74
(03-20-2017, 04:41 PM)Tereza Kulovaná Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 03:17 PM)BlkSabbath74 Wrote: ...
[quote pid='18124' dateline='1490023063']
ed back here.If anyone in interested, I am looking for help on a long-term project that can be done at any pace.

Contact any group you now, it helps. There are still new backers coming who heard about Maguss for the first time. In the begining there was trendin 9gag post.
[/quote]

I only heard about it myself last week.

There are TONS of people out there who are dying to play this game, they just don't know about it yet. It's our duty to find them and let them know...

Wink

#146 BlkSabbath74
http://iphone.qualityindex.com/charts/17...ell-almost

#147 BlkSabbath74
http://thegg.net/indie-games/maguss-the-...g-success/

http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/maguss-...-well-get/

https://apkpure.com/maguss-unreleased/com.maguss.maguss

#148 BlkSabbath74
So I know the focus right now is getting the App up to snuff for Beta, but please tell me that when it goes to Open Beta, we are going to blow it out with grass roots methods of putting the word in the street about Maguss!