• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Geolocalization and point of interest.

#1 Captain_kiwii
Hey guys, i was wondering about what will you be using as data base for mapping the points of interest of your game (aka pokestop for exemple in pokémon go) ? Because it is a large aspect that define an AR games.

Pokémon go saw US some flow to avoid with the big cities over crowded with pokestop while smaller city have non or one pokestop most of thé time.

Also pokemon make thé spawn based on thé number of player in thé are a, therefore advantaging again Big city ( I live in Paris and go back twice a Month in my natal vIllage and thé différence let me speechless)

Aso will it be some réal system to propose POI to you ? Like Ingress had. 

If you have more information about it i would love to Read it.
#2 xaphan
(10-15-2016, 11:25 AM)Captain_kiwii Wrote: Hey guys, i was wondering about what will you be using as data base for mapping the points of interest of your game (aka pokestop for exemple in pokémon go) ? Because it is a large aspect that define an AR games.

Pokémon go saw US some flow to avoid with the big cities over crowded with pokestop while smaller city have non or one pokestop most of thé time.

Also pokemon make thé spawn based on thé number of player in thé are a, therefore advantaging again Big city ( I live in Paris and go back twice a Month in my natal vIllage and thé différence let me speechless)

Hahaha I was thinking "this guy must be French due to all the é there were in the text (got the same thing when I forgot to change my dashboard into "English mode"). And then bam "i live in paris" ! Yeah ! Me too ! At least one player I could form a team with around ^^
#3 Helly25
Ondrej once mentioned that they use Google Maps, so the dungeons etc. work in every country supporting that.
The Points Of Interests are places Google deems worth mentioning, i.e. restaurants, forests, lakes etc.
He also said that it will be possible for users to add POI later on with the approval of the Game Team. Smile
I cannot tell you anything about the spawn rates, sadly.

Cheers!
How many Muggles does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
One. It is the only thing they are good for.

Why doesn't Voldemort have glasses?
Nobody nose.

How do Death Eaters freshen their breath?
With Dementos.
#4 Cosmang
(10-15-2016, 12:24 PM)xaphan Wrote:
(10-15-2016, 11:25 AM)Captain_kiwii Wrote: Hey guys, i was wondering about what will you be using as data base for mapping the points of interest of your game (aka pokestop for exemple in pokémon go) ? Because it is a large aspect that define an AR games.

Hahaha I was thinking "this guy must be French due to all the é there were in the text (got the same thing when I forgot to change my dashboard into "English mode"). And then bam "i live in paris" ! Yeah ! Me too ! At least one player I could form a team with around ^^
I dont live in Paris but I can speak french! 
Bonjour XD
Mischief Managed

Smart as Hell

Lets be wizards! a film directed, starring and produced by Cosmang. Out in December 2016!
#5 xaphan
(10-15-2016, 12:32 PM)Cosmang Wrote:

Bonjour XD

Bonjour !
#6 zatokar

Hey Captain,

I've already answered it couple of times on different places. However I don't mind doing it again Smile.

We want to balance items, monsters and places spawning in rural and urban areas and therefore we tie up POIs with actual map tags such as lakes, shops, rivers, forests, restaurants and all kinds of other stuff. And yes there will be a system to submit POIs to Maguss team for approval. 

Hope it has answered your questions, if not, let me know Wink
Maguss Founder
#7 Captain_kiwii
(10-15-2016, 02:47 PM)zatokar Wrote: I've already answered it couple of times on different places. However I don't mind doing it again Smile.

Sorry I did not find it. Okay thanks for the anwser =)
#8 zatokar
(10-15-2016, 04:01 PM)Captain_kiwii Wrote:
(10-15-2016, 02:47 PM)zatokar Wrote: I've already answered it couple of times on different places. However I don't mind doing it again Smile.

Sorry I did not find it. Okay thanks for the anwser =)

No worries, I am always here for you. Cheers.
Maguss Founder
#9 Captain_kiwii

Bonjour XD

(10-15-2016, 01:09 PM)xaphan Wrote:

Bonjour XD

Bonjour !

Hey bonjour guys, comment allez vous ? ^^

ahah totally, not at home for the week end so i'm using my phone but it's kind of a pain in the ass ^^
Where do you live in paris? Would be awesome to meet at some point when the beta will be here to exchange about it =)

(10-15-2016, 12:26 PM)Helly25 Wrote: Ondrej once mentioned that they use Google Maps, so the dungeons etc. work in every country supporting that.
The Points Of Interests are places Google deems worth mentioning, i.e. restaurants, forests, lakes etc. 
He also said that it will be possible for users to add POI later on with the approval of the Game Team. Smile

Cheers!

Hey Thanks for the anwser =D
#10 Cosmang
(10-16-2016, 10:13 AM)Captain_kiwii Wrote:

Bonjour XD

(10-15-2016, 01:09 PM)xaphan Wrote:

Bonjour XD

Bonjour !

Hey bonjour guys, comment allez vous ? ^^

ahah totally, not at home for the week end so i'm using my phone but it's kind of a pain in the ass ^^
Where do you live in paris? Would be awesome to meet at some point when the beta will be here to exchange about it =)

(10-15-2016, 12:26 PM)Helly25 Wrote: Ondrej once mentioned that they use Google Maps, so the dungeons etc. work in every country supporting that.

Cheers!

Hey Thanks for the anwser =D
Slt, ouaich je vais pas trop bien, je suis assez malade
Mischief Managed

Smart as Hell

Lets be wizards! a film directed, starring and produced by Cosmang. Out in December 2016!