Does opponent always go first?

• How are turns decided? I thought whoever went first was random then the round after that the next person would go first. As it seems or I am just very unlucky. The counter always starts with my opponent every round.

• if you press on opponent and battle him, he will always start first.
    if you press the "duel" button on bottom-right corner and wait in queue, when someone battles you, you will always start first

• This seems like an unfair system. I get penalized because I accept the invitation? It would be better to be randomly decided in my opinion. I have lost plenty of duels because the other player gets to attack/heal before I get to attack/heal.

• Global Moderator

@wildwolfsong
    To be truthful, you go at the same time. If you ever watch, occasionally you can see that a heal will go off even after a creature has reached 0 hp. No, it does display as you go, I go, You go, for turns, but basically the combat is not decided until each has had their turns.

• @memnoich said in Does opponent always go first?:

@wildwolfsong
    To be truthful, you go at the same time. If you ever watch, occasionally you can see that a heal will go off even after a creature has reached 0 hp. No, it does display as you go, I go, You go, for turns, but basically the combat is not decided until each has had their turns.

That can't quite be true. Consider the case of a 2-slot debuff spell and Willpower being cast on the same alignment. Sometimes, the Willpower lands first, blocking the debuff; this means the Willpower caster has "gone first." Other times, the debuff lands first and isn't blocked by Willpower; this time, the debuff caster has "gone first."

It's odd. I've seen the weird "everything happens at once" apparent visual effects, too, but, there is a definite order.

• Global Moderator

hmm, might be worth testing, as I can't say I've ever notice a defense work on a spell cast the same round of the turn. Not saying it doesn't, but can't say I've noticed that happening.

• @memnoich

I get Willpower up on occasion that blocks a same slot finish. It has been random though.

Looks like your connection to Maguss forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.