Bug List organization

• Global Moderator

@vendraen
    Curious as to what you mean about the Bug list being unorganized? What do you feel is out of place?

As the one that compiles it, any thought you have that might make it better or easier to read are welcome.

• @memnoich said in Bugs well dueling:

@vendraen
    Curious as to what you mean about the Bug list being unorganized? What do you feel is out of place?

As the one that compiles it, any thought you have that might make it better or easier to read are welcome.

I'll answer in a PM ("Chat") to avoid further derailing this way off the rails thread.

• Global Moderator

@vendraen
    Easy enough to fix, lol.

• @memnoich said in Bug List organization:

@vendraen
    Easy enough to fix, lol.

Indeed.

When one's a Moderwizard. :D

Anyway - I suppose a main issue is for example with MD - it says "being exploited in PvP." That's a little ambiguous (to me anyway). Maybe "THIS IS CONSIDERED AN EXPLOIT; DON'T USE IT" or something less harsh/cappy.

There are a couple double-mentions I think. There's a lot of confusion around the issues with Invocation skill stuff - some of it still doesn't work correctly, and that whole section is a bit... cluttered. Maybe say "Invocation is just pretty messed up right now." - LOL.

May also want to add something along the lines of "MUST READ AND RE-READ" to the subject lines, or a post at the top that says "You're supposed to read and follow this stuff."

I don't know - my thoughts aren't organized right now either (I have like 10 things going on). Just trying to maybe hopefully help people realized the lists are there, that they're important, and that some things are considered exploits/cheats.

• Global Moderator

Anyway - I suppose a main issue is for example with MD - it says "being exploited in PvP." That's a little ambiguous (to me anyway). Maybe "THIS IS CONSIDERED AN EXPLOIT; DON'T USE IT" or something less harsh/cappy.

I can see about rewording that to make a it a little better understood, something like Exploit: please only use for testing purposes

There are a couple double-mentions I think. There's a lot of confusion around the issues with Invocation skill stuff - some of it still doesn't work correctly, and that whole section is a bit... cluttered. Maybe say "Invocation is just pretty messed up right now." - LOL.

As for double mentions, some was put in a couple of places because of the type of issue, and wanting to make sure it was noticed depending on which section you were looking at, but I will take a look. As for the Invocation, it appears that most of that has been fixed, so that should clean that part up.

May also want to add something along the lines of "MUST READ AND RE-READ" to the subject lines, or a post at the top that says "You're supposed to read and follow this stuff."

Yeah not sure, I can add something like that, I can make new posts every time I update it, but the same people are going to be the ones reading it, and we will still get people who don't want to take the time to read the documentation that has been provided. Not really sue how to fix that issue.

I don't know - my thoughts aren't organized right now either (I have like 10 things going on). Just trying to maybe hopefully help people realized the lists are there, that they're important, and that some things are considered exploits/cheats.

No worries, that's the same thing I've been trying to do, linking to the Bug list or FAQ when someone posts about something already documented. Its a constant struggle.

• @memnoich

I hear ya on all points. I think a primary reason people don't come here/don't read/etc is many really don't grasp the fact that this is in fact a real, true Alpha. Not a fake "Beta" that's really a soft-launch. A real, live, ugly Alpha with major, massive, bugs. :D

(But still manages to be amazingly fun!)

Looks like your connection to Maguss forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.