make Hints on app load into a wiki
Vítězslav Ackermann Ferko
Would it be possible to list all hints that appear on app load in a single article on maguss.org or this forum?
For example I am a new player and I have yet to decide which class I chose, but I have no idea what each stat means, so I first spent two days here on forum looking for information.
Those hints are extremely helpful, so I have gone ahead and screencaptured few.
- Empower: Determines how strong your spells are. Attacking spells and healing spells are affected by your Empower.
- Concentration: Affects how likely that a spell you cast will hit.
- Critical Empower: How much stronger your spell will be if it is a Critical Hit.
- Defense: Reduces the damage you receive from enemy spells.
- Evasion: Affects how likely that you will avoid an enemy's spell.
- Exploration: A rather adventurous trait. Affects chest encounters and improves HP regeneration.
- Incantations: Renders benefits specific to spells in the Incantations category.
- Herblore: Increases attributes regarding finding and harvest yield of ingredients.
- Sorcery: Grants benefits specific to spells in the Sorcery category.
- Dark Arts: Imparts benefits specific to spells in the Dark Arts category.
Hell I'd go ahead and say we need more of them.
Can healing spells miss? I've had Cure Light Wounds heal me for 0 when I clearly needed healing, was that a "miss"? If so, what determines the miss? Can curses, buffs, and/or debuffs miss?
How much Heat do we vent each cycle? Is it a static "3" or does it go up while leveling? This is crucial in deck building. Furthermore, can heat-venting spells miss? If not, does their heat-venting effect apply imediatly on-cast or do I have to wait for it to go off (I'd expect the 2nd to be true)
Multi-slots spells hit at the END of their slots. This is very important, sure you learn it pretty fast, but it IS important.
While we're on slots, do multi-slot spell count as 1 or multiple slots for the purpose of spells like Trick? (4-slot spell + trick = 0-trick or 3-trick?)
Does Empower affect Curses/DoTs? If so, does each tick gain full Empower benefit? What about Defense, does it affect them?
Is there a max number of buffs/debuffs I can have on my/the opponent's character? If so, what determines what buff/debuff gets removed after I hit the cap?
...just off the top of my head...