How in the heck are people getting Mirrored Destiny?

• As the title says - I'm wondering how people are getting the spell Mirrored Destiny. It's in the Invocation category, which is bugged - nothing I can find grants Invocation experience, thus there's no way to get to higher tiers and thus buy the spells.

• Global Moderator

@vendraen
    Currently Mirrored Destiny is only available to those that were able to purchase it prior to the Combat changes. As you found out,t here is no way to purchase it or raise those levels at this time, but that should change hopefully with the next update. However, the next update will see a change to alot of the spells currently not working as intended.

• @memnoich

Odd. I've been dueling some relatively low-level wizard that have it. Maybe they are older players that just hadn't played in a while, I guess.

Before, I'd seen only high level people with it, but lately it's been...everyone. (It's the Flavor of the Week! Better than Triple Slash, I guess...)

• Global Moderator

That may be the case. With the change to combat, they also made a change as to what skills contribute to a players level. In doing so alot of players lost levels. I myself went from player level 30+ to player level 14.

• @memnoich

Oh holy crap!

I thought player level was just a function of XP gained from combat and such. I hadn't noticed that skills contributed to it at all.

(Or is that how it USED to be?)

(BTW, 120 seconds is a LONG time to wait for someone that's been touch typing for well over 30 years!)

• Global Moderator

yeah, it used to be all skills contributed to player level, after the combat update, only Combat (i.e. Spell) skills contribute to the Player level. Its understandable as your player level helps to match you to another player for PvP matching, and if your level is bloated due to Exploration/Brewing then you would be fighting someone with possibly more spell slots available, putting you at a disadvantage. They haven't worried about cleaning up the spells as yet, as they are aware a character wipe will be coming soon and they have more pertinent things that need fixed(such as battery and data usage).

There are somethings coming down the pipe that should be awesome and are worth looking forward to, but that is all I can say.

• @vendraen

The spell Mirror Destiny is not working properly right now. The spell is supposed to only return the next damage spell back to the opposing caster and last for that single turn. In fact, it returns all damage spells not just one and works for two turns.

Some new testers that are not on the forums still use it and I apologize. There are older testers that still use it that know it is still broken and are also not on the forum.

I have chosen to instantly leave any duel that the opposing player uses it as it is an exploit

• @robynoakwise said in How in the heck are people getting Mirrored Destiny?:

@vendraen

I have chosen to instantly leave any duel that the opposing player uses it as it is an exploit

I would do that, but leaving a duel causes a loss, and puts one at very low HP, and Rosewater is so very, very, very hard to find that I never have health potions.

I can usually beat a MD'er because I'm more patient, and they slip up eventually and forget to recast it. They are long fights, though.

• @vendraen

I look forward to any sort of trade function as I am a crafter. Currently my stock of Rosewater is sitting at 450. I brew my full max tonic most evenings.

I commend your patience. I only have three spell slots and MD is pretty much a shut down for me. I figure why go through the long suffer when i can record the name and duel another player or two in the same amount of time.

Keep it sparky! 😊

• @robynoakwise said in How in the heck are people getting Mirrored Destiny?:

@vendraen

I look forward to any sort of trade function as I am a crafter. Currently my stock of Rosewater is sitting at 450. I brew my full max tonic most evenings.

I commend your patience. I only have three spell slots and MD is pretty much a shut down for me. I figure why go through the long suffer when i can record the name and duel another player or two in the same amount of time.

Keep it sparky! 😊

Perhaps I should do the same. But, I'm imagining that it annoys some of them, that think they have an easy win. :D

I also only have 3 slots. I'll throw out my usual 2 attack spells, and when I notice they're using MD, the next round I just cast Heal Serious twice and keep doing that until they screw up. :D

(When MD drops, I watch to see what they're queuing - if they queue a 2 slot spell I assume it's MD and just go on healing...)

• @robynoakwise

On my morning skate, I gathered about 35 Rosewater alone. So all told throughout the day I sometimes pull in 100+.

• Global Moderator

@robynoakwise
    Morning skate, wow, way more ambitious than I am, I just go for a walk at lunch, still, I have a decent herb collection.

• @memnoich

Lol see my profile... Roller derby. 😎

• Global Moderator

@robynoakwise
    You know I didn't notice that before, well good on you Derby Grrrrl!

• @robynoakwise

Ah, well, until they fix data usage, I can't play off Wi-Fi. The game uses around 10 times more data than another very popular game in the same genre.

Also, I'd like to also state that the MD usage is getting out of control - I can't gain any rank in the newly started season as every single person I get matched with just throws up MD lately. (Though honestly, 3 out of 5 times... it's Nunotrix. O_O )

• Global Moderator

@vendraen
    Yeah, unfortunately I've heard alot of people state they don't want to PvP till that gets fixed so it stop being exploited.

• Well, now I feel like a jerk. I had no idea that the spell was buggy, and I've used it quite a bit. I did only get it to complete the "defeat a monster without any offensive spells" daily, originally.

On the other hand, I'm below level 10 and every time I duel, I'm matched with someone of a way higher level, meaning that I have to be economical in the use of my two slots. Most times, MD is the only way I can come close to surviving at all. And even then, I get hit with the bug that affects the ability to cast spells at all, nearly all the time. I've just about given up on PvP entirely.

• @memnoich said in How in the heck are people getting Mirrored Destiny?:

@robynoakwise
    You know I didn't notice that before, well good on you Derby Grrrrl!

TestFlight how to download this program can not find help?

Looks like your connection to Maguss forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.