Device: Samsung Galaxy S6
    OS version: 7.0.0
    App version: 0.1.1
    [BUG INFO]
    Reported via in-game tool: Yes
    Random: No
    Repeatable: Yes
    Exploitable: No
    (For new or those with similar problems)
    What should happen:

1. Press on a monster which is in range
    2. Popup appears
    3. Press Battle
    4. Battle starts
      What does actually happen:
    5. Battle doesn't start. On previous app versions battle was very slow to start (sometimes waiting 5-10 seconds)
      But now it doesn't start at all
      Does this prevent you for playing further:
      I am not able to fight any monster. Didn't try pvp
      This basically prevents me to increase XP for leveling

• same thing happens when trying to click the stones of an opened chest.
    Before last update, after a few seconds i could see the loot
    After last update, nothing happens

I noticed that even if the chest popup with stones selection is open, i can drag the finger on screen and rotate the map behind. So it seems the app is not realizing the popup is open... That would explain why pressing runes or "battle" doesn't trigger anything

• bump
    after last update (3 days ago) i was able to press "battle" on other players and battle did start. Unfortunately this behaviour lasted only few hours, then the issue "press battle, nothing happens" appeared again and it's still there. Please fix this, i cannot play :(

• Global Moderator

@ron-benvenuti
    Check and make sure you don't have any other apps running that might place an overlay on the screen.
    i.e. there is a know bug with screen recorders affecting the ability to interact with the menus when it is in use, such as AvScreenRecorder.

• i don't have any screen recoder, nor other apps running that might place an overlay on the screen

other popups, like sellin, work fine.

chest popup works only after restarting app
    pvp "battle button" works sometimes
    pve "battle button" never works

maybe it's because of android 7? it worked fine on 6

• Global Moderator

@ron-benvenuti
    Can't say for sure, I myself am on a Samsung S7

• I'm on 7.0. And mine is fine.

It could be a phone thing?

How about reinstalling?

Edit: I've noticed, since the update, battle does take longer to start. Might be due to my Internet connection though.

• Global Moderator

@ron-benvenuti said in Android: battle doesn't work anymore:

maybe it's because of android 7? it worked fine on 6

Sorry on Android 7.0 myself, and not seeing the issue

after last update (3 days ago) i was able to press "battle" on other players and battle did start. Unfortunately this behaviour lasted only few hours, then the issue "press battle, nothing happens" appeared again and it's still there.

This leads me to believe its something with the phone. if it was working after the update and then stopped, it would be a small chance that resources downloaded from the server, i.e. creature information, would cause this.

• @ron-benvenuti I am also not having issues with my Android, though I do agree that I am having some delay start-up of duels. What I am more likely to see is spells not being processed/added to the queue. It's been a cause of my losing several times. Have you tried re-installing? I'm about to do the same personally.

• I have tried reinstalling but the issue persists :(

• bump. After last update i'm still having the issue.
    I can't press "battle", it looks like the game doesn't realise i'm in the battle popup and still lets me circling the map around

Here's a link with all my apps, can you help me understand if there's a third party app causing the issue?
    https://imgur.com/a/pcMcj

• @ron-benvenuti

You are not alone.
    Motorola Droid Z Force
    Android 7.1.1

It worked after the latest update just fine for a day. Now I can not battle anything. All other features still work though there is a tremendous amount of lag.

It is not my phone nor is it my internet as both are top notch.

I have no other apps that are open or that might have an overlay impact. I have removed and reinstalled twice. So far, all things point to the app.

• @robynoakwise
    Update: I did a factory reset and reinstalled the Maguss app.

I turned on the screen debug features to check taps and locations on screen.

Everything with the phone (and I expected as much as hardware seldom fails compared to software) is working as intended.

I can do the following:
    Access the Maguss menu. Access inventory to sell items. Access the shop and buy items. I can equip and remove items. I can harvest herbs. I can make potions. I can swap out spells and practice. I can select wandering monsters as well as duel requests (for the love of patty PLEASE give us an option to turn that off!).

I can't do the following:
    Battle... at all. There is a tournament and I can not participate though frankly I am not sure I want to as there are still a couple exploits (I will not list them nor will I list people that I battle that use them like I did in the past).

Having said that, it would be nice to be able to battle monsters... cuz loot :D

Keeping it sparky!

• @robynoakwise
    Bump
    Please please try to look at this. I have all these wonderous creatures I can't pummel. 😝

• After today's patch, pressing "battle" works but i get stuck at the "loading battle" screen :(

https://imgur.com/a/akLmz

• @ron-benvenuti

Same for me. It goes immediately to the next overlay and just hangs there. I am still unable to battle monsters at this time.

• I've also been pinging the tech team with the 'battle' problem for the last two weeks. I don't remember any service update, recently, that might have adversely affected the app's performance.

• @sean-wheeler

It is a new one, at least for me. I have no opportunity for loot (or eco at all really) other than each day when the shop resets and that stuff is shoddy quality gear.

• administrators

Releasing a new patch today. We believe it will fix any glyph recognition issues and also battle problem.

• @maguss
    Hey guys, it isn't fixed. The screen does change but the app hangs there. I still can't battle any monsters.

:(

Looks like your connection to Maguss forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.