OBT is nearly here! Get ready

• @maguss Holy cow, you are operating on a team of 6? With some part-time? Please excuse my ignorance, I had no idea. I'd thought you used the kickstarter money to hire a full staff, but thinking on it it wouldn't stretch that far.

I'll do what I can to support you guys, I like the vision. Sorry again about being an ass.

• Will maguss be in Finland too? Will it support Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3? Will it have stuff and monster in forests, lakes and other places too?

• Global Moderator

@neptune80123 Yes to all of the above. Not 100% sure on the phone depends on how powerful it is. But it should be able to run it.

• @Maguss Is there going to be a 'wipe' of our character levels and resources when the OBT is released?

Or... will there be any wipes between now and release? Don't wanna invest too heavily in my character if it's all going to disappear someday.

Thanks!

• Global Moderator

@lightangel It's all going to vanish. The open beta update is the last wipe though. I know it can be hard to find the reason to play right now because of this. But it's the most important time to find bugs and help the devs fix them. Of course, only play when you want to though.

• @jhamm

I wouldn't say the OBT wipe is the last one. something could happen that would force them to do one or more wipes in beta. In game development, the only time you can mostly guarantee no wipes is after the game is stamped gold and officially released.

• Global Moderator

@ayenn I'm not just saying this because it's what I believe, they have said this on Twitter "This should be the last reset. There would have to be extraordinary circumstances for another one." So there is not much more to go on, this will most likely be the last one.

• @jhamm said in OBT is nearly here! Get ready:

" should be the last reset. "

"Should" is not "there will not be". Extraordinary circumstances happen all of the time. They truthfully do not know if it will happen or not.

I'd rather people be prepared but positively minded than blindsided and carelessly optimistic. That is why I mentioned this.

• @ayenn said in OBT is nearly here! Get ready:

@jhamm said in OBT is nearly here! Get ready:

" should be the last reset. "

"Should" is not "there will not be". Extraordinary circumstances happen all of the time. They truthfully do not know if it will happen or not.

I'd rather people be prepared but positively minded than blindsided and carelessly optimistic. That is why I mentioned this.

As long as a game or product is a "beta", whether closed or open, anything can happen. That's kinda what the beta means, so you are quite right in focusing on the word "should". That's an important word.

As long as reasons for future wipes (or rollbacks, in case that is possible for handling the situation at hand) are announced clearly and honestly, there's no real problem with it. Not even if it happens after official release. It's not uncommon in the gaming world that serious bugs or exploits may require extreme measures to counter them.

I have learned that through participation in alpha- and beta tests of various PC games during the last 15 years. For no real reward, unless you count my real name being inscribed into an ingame gravestone as a reward... :P

• It's quite impossible to know if he need some invest someday, you can just look may be you found that.

Looks like your connection to Maguss forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.