Warden - first attempt to (optimal) Stat distribution

• Hello fellow Magicians,

I made a spreadsheet for myself to experiment a little with stats distributions.

Sadly, we don't know the excapt amount of impact any stat (e.g. how much dmg does +1 EMP) provide.. Therefore this is heavily based on character description using the pro's and con's warden provides us.

So what came out is this:

0_1519127772108_b0ce6f1f-ad82-404b-b246-354ef2e7e7d9-image.png

NOTE: We / I don't know when you exactly get bonus HP upgrades. So keep in mind your HP value will most likely be alot higher on level 50.

My thought:

Boosting Def as far as possible to become a staller.

Upgrade EMP and Concentration to ensure you heal enough / deal enough damage plus to ensure your spells are hitting. One should be able to stall out the opponent by using self buffs / heal and DotS / curses to kill the opponent slowly.

Im rather unsure if it might be a good idea to take some points of defense and place them into Evasion.

What are your thoughts in this?

• @noeq The other thing to consider is what buff spells will be available at what level. And how viable a build that depends on those or on making potions for buffs before PvP would be. I don't know, but factoring those things into a spreadsheet would be interesting :)

• 1- You get 10 Max HP every level up so your Max HP is something like 720 HP without armor at lvl 50.
    2- You get 15 upgrades per stat, if you can go past that, it is a bug they are working on.
    3- My bet would be +15 Emp, +15 Def, +10 Eva, +9 Con

• I'm going to guess that ind. distribution is the level up points... But from what I've heard, they cap off after 15 points, so each stat can only get a 15 point bonus from levling. My theory for a Warden build is to put 15 into Defense, Empower, Concentration, and then the rest into Evasion. Or put 15 into Evasion and the rest into Empower. That way you'll never be hit, or barely feel it. And you will nearly always succeed at any spell.

• @valibak said in Warden - first attempt to (optimal) Stat distribution:

1- You get 10 Max HP every level up so your Max HP is something like 720 HP without armor at lvl 50.
    2- You get 15 upgrades per stat, if you can go past that, it is a bug they are working on.
    3- My bet would be +15 Emp, +15 Def, +10 Eva, +9 Con

@jack-chronicle said in Warden - first attempt to (optimal) Stat distribution:

I'm going to guess that ind. distribution is the level up points... But from what I've heard, they cap off after 15 points, so each stat can only get a 15 point bonus from levling. My theory for a Warden build is to put 15 into Defense, Empower, Concentration, and then the rest into Evasion. Or put 15 into Evasion and the rest into Empower. That way you'll never be hit, or barely feel it. And you will nearly always succeed at any spell.

That's good information. Thanks for that. I modificated it to the following:

0_1519131532251_20622a8d-ca76-4898-8b93-68d6d25c7946-image.png

I consider taking away 5 points from concentration and putting them into evasion.

• @Noeq Concentration vs Evasion ... hitting your spells or not getting hit ... You should make sure your Absorb or your damage hit also, i'm not sure also but if you face a paladin doing 150 dmg a turn you need some spells, you can't evade everything, and Dark Force doesn't miss so ... evasion is good in PvE but PvP is more complex ...

• The Tier you'll be using is relevant too. Maybe you can put less points into Concentration BUT use a tier with Concentration Bonus. The same can be said about any other stat.

It's kinda hard to be optimal when we don't know the impact of each individual attribute.

As far as I've seen, Empower looks like the best Attribute to invest on. So 15 Empower feels like a must.

Second is Concentration. Hitting or not is the difference between dying or surviving.

Evasion is tricky. It can be great but in the end it's luck. And against Paladins, it's borderline useless. Unless it affects the chance of your opponent hitting a heal in themselves . Then it can be one of the best attribute.

Defense I invested like 5 points at the beginning. Never ft a difference. Maybe if you invest 15 points and get to level 50 it'll be relevant, but in my opinion it's forgettable.

Just my 2 cents from a lvl 20 Warden.

• @LilyReese I agree Empower and Concentration are good to be maxed first, they are adding attributes reset later on so we can correct if we mad a mistake in the beginning.

• I just hit level 19, and so far I've distributed my stats +16 Emp, +1 Def, +1 Con, added extra Emp because it let me before I found out about the cap bug.

My next priority stat will be Concentration to at least +10, but after that, not sure where to focus. I feel like since the class is tanky and has the highest possible Defense stat, focusing on maxing that would be a good option.

Evasion is tempting since we do start with a fair bit, so I am considering whether its worth a small boost at mid levels to take advantage of that.

Crit Chance/Empower are so low to start, so it would be a big investment to get those to reasonable levels. I don't think we would see a return on those like other classes would, so I think those are not worth the points.

My thoughts for target build:
    +15 Empower
    +15 Concentration
    +15 Defense
    +4 Evasion

• I believe that you definitely 100% want 15 empower and 15 defense since warden has the class skills to buff those two stats even further. Fire trap and dominate make any points in defense and empower potentially worth more than other stats. Also due to buffs and heals missing yourself I feel like concentration is super necessary also.

• I am Warden @ Level 30

My Stats (without Gear) are now :

EMP 20 (+15)
    DEF 25 (+0)
    CON 18 (+10)
    EVA 13 (+1)
    Crit EMP 8
    Crit CH 8
    Max HP 460

3 Points I can't remember anymore... so can somebody confirm the fact that when i put Points in Crit - both crit's (EMP & CH) increase?

• @hexdrahtviech The critical chance and critical power stats are independent and do not increase together.

• @rollingcode then i don't know why both are 8...

• For me :

+15 Emp (Warden is a tank (Empower boost the heal))
    +15 Def (Warden is a tank)
    +15 Eva ( Warden is a tank)
    +5 Con ( With 8 I miss often but not too often, i think +5 just up what it must.

• @wheler which level you are?

• @wheler
    Good luck against any evasion buff or tier +8 monsters

• @wheler I feel like evasion < concentration for Warden, you need to hit with debuffs and damage, and as @Coto013 mentioned, Replicate and high Evasion monsters will make you life miserable.

High Evasion Warden would work quite differently since you have several spells like Fire Trap and Prismatic Burst that rely on you tanking damage for a boost. But would be interesting to know how it is working out for you.

• @rollingcode said in Warden - first attempt to (optimal) Stat distribution:

High Evasion Warden would work quite differently since you have several spells like Fire Trap and Prismatic Burst that rely on you tanking damage for a boost. But would be interesting to know how it is working out for you.

I'm not sure about how fire trap stack with itself, if it transfer the buff to the next cast its ok to consider it, if it does not transfer then pine needles > fire trap until you take 300dmg (and I'm sure nobody plans on taking that much during the first turn). With prismatic burst the same thing happens, if it can't consitently have +150 power then solar spear is better.

With these things in mind I don't think that having eva is bad for wardens.

• @coto013 I don't think Evasion is bad, but just a different build for Warden. And its easy to take a lot of damage in a turn in the cloudkill meta, risky play but getting a power 250+ Prismatic Burst could be possible. At least thats the dream...

Looks like your connection to Maguss forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.