Game suggestions

• Global Moderator

We love what you have to say. We have been looking through the forums and have found many great suggestions. At this time we have been passing them along to the Devs. With that, we decided to create this thread to try and make it easier to find all of the different ideas that you have.

Now, you can post links to your idea threads in here. Posting the link would be preferred to posting the idea itself so that discussions about the ideas can continue in your own thread without bumping into other idea discussions and everything just becoming a mess.

As new and interesting idea discussions come around, we will link the post in this main post, as well as copy it into the Bug List: Suggestions.

The devs are listening, and some ideas do make it into the game in some form, so please share your thoughts and ideas about how you feel the game can be made better.

USE BELOW SHOWN LINKS FOR SEPARATE TOPICS

Suggestions
    Brewing Ideas
    Character Avatar design options
    Current Equipment System
    Defense Stat Suggestion
    Lost Dungeons
    Mage Encampment
    PvP improvements
    Spell balancing
    Wandering Monster Squad Quest

• Armour set bonuses are too good. They make you choose between only 10 different armour sets instead of choosing between every item combination there is. Getting rid of set bonuses would make equipment choice more diverse and tactical.

The ability to drink potions for pvp pretty much means that to be competitive at the top you're required to drink the best potions. These potions are expensive and have to be refreshed constantly and its just a drag because drinking a potion says nothing about your skill yet its such a big influence. Disableing potion effects in pvp would make it a lot less restrictive and less depressing if you can't find a match in time.

chests should start opening automatically once you pick them up, theres no reason to make us go press start opening every time.

There should probably be a limit on the amount of bazaar tokens you can get per day, because right now you can just keep brewing and getting tokens for speeding it up.

There should be a limit to the amount of times you can decline a match to make for a more balanced pvp experience for less skilled players who are in a same skill level but are a higher level.

Pvp seasons were said to be about a month long, that seems too short to me.

An in game beastiary would be cool

• Here is another one of my suggestions.

http://forum.maguss.org/topic/735/defense-suggestion

• Right now PvP just is sad :S Thanks that you linked my thread. It is somehow urgent because PvP illusions and no fun at all to get with this matchmaking system. I love your game but it needs alot of work done. There are also two general PvP bugs that make it really annoying. First one is when you get declined you sometimes has then so much life left as you would have with a loose. Which means you have to heal up for nothing. The second is even worse. Sometimes you just stuck in the screen where you and your opponents have to choose if to accept or decline. Mostly when someoje comes who would accept. With all this shit going on (and also the fact that I need potions active to compete) I need to play about 2 hours to maybe get 50 guild coins. And I dont would say I would be bad. As a long term PvP player I know about counterplay.

Another thing I want to mention is that the spells need tags. There is a spell which says it copies oje random curse of yours and give it the enemy. So what spell now is a curse and which is not? I want to try it for Cloudkill. And when Cloudkill is not a curse I also dont see enough counterplay to Cloudkill. But maybe I am wrong. Still need to unlock some spells which could potentially be a counter.

I'm also sick of enemies declining although I am only two levels above them. Today I managed to beat an enemy whicu was 10 levels above me. I wish I made a screenshot :P It is all about the right spell in the right moment. I see potential of Maguss to be one day a part of the E Sports scene. The battle system is so indepth. We need many more spells (maybe spell modifications one day) to make really interesting but for now I would not set the focus to new spells.

I will also make a big thread about all my ideas. They are countless.

• Its not something very important, but i think that aroma and allure potions are too good for their price. Remove them from brewing was a good decition, but is not enough. If you buy those potions from the shop and fight the monsters you gain player exp, spell exp, posible drops and generally MORE gold than the potion cost. This can be exploited allowing very fast levelling and higher chances of getting high quality gear.
    For all those benefit, you should have to spend gold (and not gain)

• @coto013 I would disagree. I think the whole reason why they're there is so that you can farm with them. After all, once you get decently leveled it takes more than killing every monster that comes your way during the entire time for the potion to get enough xp to level up. I could live with raising the price a bit so that you don't gain as much money, but not to the point where you can't earn back the money you spent.

• @aezora said in Game suggestions:

I would disagree. I think the whole reason why they're there is so that you can farm with them. After all, once you get decently leveled it takes more than killing every monster that comes your way during the entire time for the potion to get enough xp to level up. I could live with raising the price a bit so that you don't gain as much money, but not to the point where you can't earn back the money you spent.

Right now you get more than 100% of the money back, you can farm without limitations. It is a shop item that arguably free, that is just wrong. If you have to pay for all the other potions why you can get profit with the one with the best effect.
    The idea behind those potions is giving some exp in exchange for gold, you get gold by walking outside to collect materials and fight monsters (or dueling inside if you want) not the other way around.

• Some ideas that don't fill in the categories above:

• Ancient Sites of Power. Real sites all around the world with an extraordinary historic/esoteric value. from that sites a mage could mine some power.

• Mysterious Books. Mysterious books from a long forgotten past with some clues to something else. A world-wide quest? Just flavour text?

• Rituals!

• Daemonic pacts! More power with a cost....

• More social interactions: covenants, messages, alliances.

• I have a suggestion for a special package. I play Path of Exile and it's a free-to-play game like Maguss. For support the game every expansion/big release the developer release a supporter package that include a fashion transaction (armor skin, spell skin, weapon skin, pets, etc..) and an equivalent of gem. For this game for example with 22€ you take 310 Dust and for 55€, 825 Dust. For open release, for the official release, you make release a supporte package like this or similar:

• Gold Commander supporter: Gold Commander set + 280 Dust for 22€.
    • White Legionnaire supporter: White Legionnaire set + 800 Dust for 55€.

For my personal experience, I consider a great way to support the game for players and for developers.

Greetings,
    Vladimiro

• I for one would like to see pets in game, like in HP every wizard or witch gets one, but it would be more interesting if pets in Maguss weren't regular animals like cats or owls but instead we get to catch one of the monsters like imp, will'o wisp or forgotten spirit. Best for the game would be if they were purely cosmetical because if they affected gameplay, like help in battle, people would just go for high tier ones. By making them being just pets people could choose to have or not have them and it wouldn't change any stats in either way. Anyway it's just what i'd like to see. Cheers

• @memnoich http://forum.maguss.org/topic/774/guild-system-in-detail Well I made some thoughts about a cool Guild system. I hope you will read this aswell :)

• Here's one made by Myrani that I like, basically about what would be Elite monsters or Leader monsters in an MMORPG.

https://forum.maguss.org/topic/798/an-idea-to-help-the-exploration-skill-going-up-increasing-the-farming-interest-in-general/2

Also, from me, a suggestion to the devs.

https://forum.maguss.org/topic/801/dev-response-suggestion

• Global Moderator

Hello guys, ideas presented here are being categorized and relayed to devs :) Keep them coming! <3

• I know my guild ideas were a little bit over the top but maybe some of these ideas can be implemented otherwise.

I now have some back to the bottom ideas I hope some players will think they are interesting :)

https://forum.maguss.org/topic/828/make-the-game-harder-skill-enhancements-and-illusion-armor

It is all about making illusion armor more attractive (and also increasing the developers income without going P2W), giving the ability to make unpopular spells popular again easily and making the game harder :)

• Hi DevTeam,

May I suggest if tutorial replay option will be available? By its own category cause I do not wish to replay from the beginning. Eg, How to battle and what the screen symbols indicators are...Still, a new player here and I worried I might miss out some part/forgot the explanation about it? Maybe a small help button in corner or pause option with help choices given? Hope this will be a good suggestion in helping your game developments.

• @aralaiqualasse I mean, I get what you're saying, but there isn't really anything that is miss-able in the tutorial. I've completed the tutorial five times altogether (one for each class, and one because of a reset), and other than the very, very slight amount of backstory at the very beginning there really isn't anything to miss, since it literally guides you through doing each one. As for the backstory, I don't really consider it to be important since we have no other real story in any other aspect so far. Later, maybe it will be, but by that point the entire tutorial will likely be on the wiki for people to view, as well as the other story related stuff.

• Global Moderator

@aralaiqualasse said in Game suggestions:

Hi DevTeam,

May I suggest if tutorial replay option will be available? By its own category cause I do not wish to replay from the beginning. Eg, How to battle and what the screen symbols indicators are...Still, a new player here and I worried I might miss out some part/forgot the explanation about it? Maybe a small help button in corner or pause option with help choices given? Hope this will be a good suggestion in helping your game developments.

We will be creating website with all the information in one place :) It will be responsive and easy to navigate!

Looks like your connection to Maguss forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.