PvP The Never Ending Battle: Turn Cap Limit

• I am currently in the midst of a pvp that is at turn 67. The skills we both have make it all but impossible for either of us to win. I suggest a possible Turn cap so that it isn't as never ending as this one. As I've typed this, we are now at turn 69. Implementing a turn cap would be greatly appreciated. Now turn 70. Maybe this is a rare thing that shouldn't happen often, but it seems my opponent and I are both too stubborn to forfeit :p Turn 72. I am literally able to sit here and not do a single move and still this continues on perpetually. turn 75. will post pictures if this ever ends. I think it's been almost a half hour since we started. turn 84 now.

• I gave up after round 100, sent good duel (wasn't sure he noticed so sent again on turn 103 - no response) so i peaced out because it is past 3am and I need sleep. A cap would be really nice so that we don't end up with a duel going for this long. This is what happens when you end up with two stubborn people with spells that easily counteract each other. He continually used his 3x evade, i easily healed whatever damage he did. It could've been a never ending battle. I really think a cap limit would be a good idea :p

2_1519460209017_019.PNG 1_1519460209016_018.PNG

• damn 104 turns! i get bored at 14

• @ron-benvenuti
    If you want to evade an eternal battle, be sure to use extract life force spell. If it lands it reduces the target max hp, you can do this until you onehit your opponent.
    If you miss a lot, use true sight and concentration potions.

• OMG too long hahahaha.

• @coto013 this was the firstime I think I'd been in a battle more than like 20turns, but the issue was that he used the spell that tripled his evasion pretty much every turn - so none of my spells would hit (except the one time it expired and it missed when he tried to recast - then he used it every turn rather than every few - and he had a cool down spell so he would never overheat). And on my end, even when he attacked, his damage would never be enough that I couldnt heal myself back to full health easily ^^;

I think a cap limit of 25 or 30 would be good for situations like these - just turn them into a tie or something - no one loses anything and maybe each gain a smidge of experience for the effort :p

• @calithe said in PvP The Never Ending Battle: Turn Cap Limit:

I think I'd been in a battle more than like 20turns, but the issue was that he used the spell that tripled his evasion pretty much every turn - so none of my spells would hit (except the one time it expired and it missed when he tried to recast - then he used it eve

If he used extract life force he could win fast against you, at some point you wont have more max hp to heal

• @coto013 true, but since there's no guarantee either person in a duel will use that spell, having a turn cap limit still feels like a good failsafe :p

• I think you're asking a good question here , all the others comments mention EL as a solution , but in the low level PVP , there's is no way to end , or you surrender but that's not a good ending

Numbness can do the trick but once again it will still take 50% more time still

A potential solution : A fatigue Debuff , Lost pre-set Max Hp above X turns every turn , increasing even more the futher the duel goes

• @myrani those suggestions are cool :) i was just thinking a simple tie if it went too long, but implementing things like fatigue or lost max hp every certain number of turns would be fascinating - altho the loss of maxhp might be a problem only because it might just turn into a "who has the highest max hp at the start" which could be deemed unfair (i say could, because i'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind it either)

• I like the combats like they are without limits, it's cool that you can battle that long and then post it somewhere.

My idea is another flag for give up both one propose it and the other accept or not if accept nobody's lose nothing.
    If decline the combat continues until someone give up or win.

• @yami while I understand not wanting to put a cap because it's a little interesting seeing it go long, by the time you reach turn 30 or so, you start to get frustrated, because you dont want to give up and neither does the other, but i would literally just sit there and not make a single move for turns on end because my attacks would always miss due to his evasion spell, and he would use it every turn so it would never expire - and when he attacked me, he could never do enough damage that i couldnt heal in one turn. At that point it truly is like a pointless battle... and some forced way of ending it without making one person or the other a loser would be appreciated, because we were essentially equal.
    (Also i do think it'd be nice to have an option to propose a draw too! That sounds like a good idea!)

• Global Moderator

Reviewing the thread, some of the ideas like fatigue or sudden death mode looks interesting :)

Looks like your connection to Maguss forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.