Cool idea?

• Great game guys.
    I was wondering; the game is advertised as a augmented reality game...but I see no use of AR or the camera so far. I understand it's a beta, but are there any plans for the future to use this technology instead of having a static monster image during battle? Perhaps you could have a cool 3D monster attacking you when you point your camera at a background. Sort of like how Pokemon GO showed the pokemon inworld. Would be extra cool to draw the spell over top the monster, especially when the wand comes out :) Not a totally needed change, but would be extra cool, and a more immersive game play experience.
    Just a suggestion.

• I'm pretty sure there are plans to have AR. I'm not sure if that is for combat or what, but it should be pretty cool.

• In my opinion Maguss has a wonderful art design.

VR/3D would somehow destroy it's grafical appeal. So i don't think it would be good idea to "press in" some PoGO-like appearance . Better keep the great style and invest in additional and more sophisticated gaming elements.

• @schlesim

Many of us have seen 3d models and they are well done and are perfect renditions of the art style in use.

I look forward to seeing them implemented at some point.

Keeping it sparky!

• @robynoakwise said in Cool idea?:

@schlesim

Many of us have seen 3d models and they are well done and are perfect renditions of the art style in use.

I look forward to seeing them implemented at some point.

Keeping it sparky!

Totally agree, I've seen the one in the trailer and looks cool.
    And I think move over the map walking to pick up some ingredients or kill monsters it's categorized as AR(?)

• Ingress is also an AR game, the definition of Augmented Reality - "a technology that superimposes a computer-generated image on a user's view of the real world, thus providing a composite view."
    Basically the augmentation of the map and monsters over real world map make it an AR game.
    Pokemon GO introduces the 3D augmentation where a 3D model is augmented over the camera screen.

For Maguss, I will prefer it to stay the way it is maybe until in the future when we get an AR Glasses.

• Why not both options? With a switch to turn it on or off, to save battery life.

• This is just a little thing, but I'm not sure they will be releasing the wand anymore. I think they sent out an email about it a while back that due to the cost to keep the production of the game going, the wand didn't seem like something they could do (at least not any time soon). I would love it if one day they would be able to circle back around and potentially make it :)

Looks like your connection to Maguss forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.