Season 3 Battles - EXCITED: Things are Finally Working!!

• To my surprise, I opened Maguss today and got a popup message about Season 3 starting with a list of illusions and rewards. Okay... so then I had a PVP battle.

To my wonderful surprise, I actually gained RANK POINTS this time! Wow! 17 POINTS. I was excited, as I had never seen that notification before "Rank Points +17". I excitedly clicked on my 17 point trophy and realized there is a real Battle Log now! Where I can see the spells that were used!! For me, that had always been just a blank screen. And now, my character is being listed as an actual rank in the Global and Division lists, instead of "???" with 0 trophies.

Way to go, developers!! I was SO HAPPY!

(Side note: I realize that my son was able to see the number of trophies I had before, but I never could. I do wonder if everyone's rank will be reset for Season 3, or if I'll just forever lag 100 or so trophies behind due to it never registering them for me before.)

Then, I battled with Emah, who clobbered me wth the broken and exploitable Mirrored Destiny spell. After I successfully killed myself with every spell I cast mirrored back to me, I lost 14 of my 17 precious Rank Points. NOW I understand why people withdraw from battles with players using MD.

PLAYERS - PLEASE STOP exploiting Mirrored Destiny. Wait until it is fixed to use it!

That said, I love the Rank Points, and the Battle Log. Thank you Devs for fixing this!!

:) Jen (Slartibartfast)

• @slartibartfast Aren't all the characters going to be wiped entirely in October? That's my understanding.

• Yes, I believe so.... but why does that matter?

• @slartibartfast Use of MD or any other broken spell now thus means nothing. If the playtesting helps find bugs before the game goes full live, that's all that matters. Any "cheating" is wiped away in October. Unless I've misunderstood something?

• @aristos

You are not misunderstanding at all. The challenge with using broken features is that for those of us do not, the testing we do in combat is pointless if the opponent is cheating. The test is completely invalid, does the developers no good, and is a waste of time.

Other than that, you are spot on. There will be a wipe. Hopefully we are able to catch actual good date even with the individuals that desire to cheat and get in the way of actual legitimate testing.

Keeping it sparky!

• @robynoakwise said in Season 3 Battles - EXCITED: Things are Finally Working!!:

You are not misunderstanding at all. The challenge with using broken features is that for those of us do not, the testing we do in combat is pointless if the opponent is cheating. The test is completely invalid, does the developers no good, and is a waste of time.
    Other than that, you are spot on. There will be a wipe. Hopefully we are able to catch actual good date even with the individuals that desire to cheat and get in the way of actual legitimate testing.

I see. That makes some sense. I was just looking at it from "any exercise of combat is useful" standpoint.

• @aristos

Yes, any helps on server load for example. The hard part is we have no idea if the lock ups in combat occur less often with broken spells or not. Or if other spells might need adjustment as we often do not get to see results during a duel when the other player uses a broken spell.

• to add on, if everyone uses the broken spells (just to win), then who is going to test the rest of the spells (to determine if they are working as intended or not)?

EDIT: i just realised my post is just a re-iteration of Robyn's, LOL. =p

Looks like your connection to Maguss forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.